Wednesday, May 7, 2008

MY TALK

This is the talk I gave on Sunday. My Dad helped me by showing me how to write it!


The theme for May is; Heavenly Father planned for me to come to a family. I can strengthen my family now.

The Plan of Happiness is the Heavenly Father’s Plan. Our family helps us learn to love and act more like Jesus. They help us learn to make good decisions or to choose the right. They also help us to learn how to pray, how to be patient and how to share. I love my brothers and sisters and want to be a good example for them. I help out my mom and dad when they are busy and need things done. I help take care of Maggie my little sister; sometimes I do dishes and help clean the yard. I also help my family by taking care of myself without being told, like taking a shower in the morning, picking up my room and taking the dog out.

I can prepare to have my own family by being worthy to marry in the Temple. I can do this by obeying the commandments, like honoring my father and mother, dressing modestly and when I am ready I will date kind, honest and trustworthy boys who are also Temple worthy.

I bare my testimony that the Church is true, that Joseph Smith restored the Gospel, translated the Book of Mormon and was the first latter day Prophet. I love my family and my pets, I am happy that I have a good family, and am grateful that I was born to parents who were sealed in the temple. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awesome! What a great talk! You really do your part to strengthen your family! Good job! Your parents are so lucky to have you! I'm sure Heavenly Father is pleased that you try so hard to do what is right!

Melissa said...

Wow! That was a great talk. Frankie has to give one on the 25th and I hope his is as good. What a special testimony. Your mom is so lucky to have such a good helper and your sisters and brothers are very lucky to have such a good example to follow. Sure love ya!

GlowingAngel said...

You did a completely awesome and wonderful job Rose. I loved it!!!!!